How to Self-Tape an Audition for The Process
Please follow these instructions carefully for a great self-taped audition.
• Stand in front of a solid color wall with nothing behind the performer that may be a distraction.
• Make sure the re is good lighting, the performer must be seen clearly.
• It is essential that the camera is steady, not shaky. Use a tripod.
• No hats, sunglasses, gum or props.
• No sitting or leaning, standing only.
• The performer needs to be the only person on camera.
• Actors should hold a sheet of paper with their name, age and city of residence on camera for 5- 10 seconds.
• Make sure we can read your sheet of paper on camera - get a close-up.
• Speak the slate at the same time you are holding it.
• You may look into the camera for the slate.
• Frame to a head and shoulders shot. Use the illustration as a reference.
• Your eye focus should be slightly above the camera.
• If someone is reading lines with you, make sure they are off-camera and the performer must keep their focus on the reader. The reader should be standing beside the camera.
• Always have your material memorized. Understand the character, make bold choices and take risks with your taping. These tips will help you stand out as an actor.
Submitting your audition
•Your slate and performance must be contained in a single video link.
• Send your audition to firstname.lastname@example.org via an unlisted YouTube link (see instructions below).
• An unlisted video is a type of private video that can only be viewed by people you choose. An unlisted video will not appear in any of YouTube's public spaces including your channel, search results and YouTube's homepage.
Uploading an unlisted video
• Create or sign into your YouTube account.
• Click on the arrow next to the ‘Upload’ button at the top of the page.
• Upload the video.
• As it is uploading, choose the setting 'unlisted'. Do not chose 'public' or 'private'.
• After selecting ‘unlisted’ make sure to click the ‘save changes’ button at the bottom of the page.
Sending an unlisted video to A Class Act NY
• To share an unlisted video, email the URL for the video to email@example.com (for example: the video URL may be http://youtu.be/FdtSWTFz28).
• The subject line of the email must contain your full name and Pre-Professional Program Audition.