Studio Three / Spotlight Theater is a 1600 sq. ft combination studio and black box theater (80 seat capacity.) The space was designed specifically to serve both as one of the areas most comfortable spaces to hold performing arts classes as well as contain a fully functioning intimate performance space. It can be turned from a studio into a performance space within a half an hour accommodating either stadium seating or cabaret style tables and chairs. Modular platforms are available to be used to either raise seating or performance area as needs dictate.
This facility contains....
- Stagestep fully sprung black floor
- Ballet Barres (can be removed for performances)
- Full width mirrors ( can be masked with integrated black Rosebrand curtains )
- Yamaha CLP-330 Clavanova piano
- Separate building entrance and lobby area (The Yip Harburg Room)
- Dressing Room (on theater level)
- Mezzanine containing Green Room, lighting and sound booth.
- 12/4 Audio Snake at theater deck running to sound booth in mezzanine
- Integrated sound reinforcement with Community Professional speakers
- Yamaha professional 20 Channel mixer with USB connectivity, Channel EQ, Compression and Phantom Power
- 24- 20 amp circuits (Edison) available located on an array of Schedule 40 black pipe spanning the width of the studio theater.
- 16 pipe hung dimmer packs (Elation and Lightronics)
- ETC Smartfade 2496 controller. 24 control, 2 scene, 95 channels in normal mode.
- Wide variety of ETC, Philips Selecon, Altman conventional instruments
The above is representative of the equipment in the space. For more details see the Spotlight Theater (Technical Packet).
The base rental rates for Spotlight Theater (Rental/Pricing) includes use of the room, seating, studio sound system regular overhead lighting and staging as desired. Use of the Clavinova piano is included at no charge subject to availability.
Rental Requirements for Events
- House Manager: $15 per hr. for events, required to be in house at all times you are in the theater as well as 1/2 hours prior to your arrival for set up.
- You must provide at least two people to handle theater setup, box office, and programs as well as any additional crew you may need in addition to the theater House Manager.
- Stage lighting is available at an extra charge of $10 / hr. for actual time used.
- Video Projector and Screen is available at an extra charge of $10 / hr. for actual time used.
Lighting and sound equipment must be operated by qualified personnel.
You may provide personnel to run lighting and sound subject to prior approval and attendance of an orientation session with the Spotlight Technical Director. Spotlight Theater technical director (Tim Barden) will provide orientation at a mutually arranged time, no later than 15 days prior to your event. Technical director's email - firstname.lastname@example.org.
If so desired, Spotlight Vermont can arrange for technical staff to run lights and/or sound. Hourly rates range between $30 - $45 / hr. with a 2 hour minimum. Any lighting requirements beyond the Theater's standard plot will result in additional negotiated charges for design and implementation. Please feel free to email the Technical Director no later than 30 days prior to your event to discuss your technical requirements if needed.
- Lessee is responsible for damage to any and all equipment used during the course of the event. If so desired, Spotlight Vermont can arrange for technical staff to run lights and/or sound. Hourly rates range between $30 - $45 / hr. with a 2 hour minimum. Any lighting requirements beyond the Theater's standard plot will result in additional negotiated charges for design and implementation. Please feel free to email the Technical Director no later than 30 days prior to your event to discuss your technical requirements if needed.
- Custodial charge (if food is served) $75
- Spotlight Theater is a multi-use facility and we ask that you respect it as such. Spotlight Theater is used for daily technique classes and rehearsal; therefore the premises must be cleaned and equipment restored before you leave.
- No smoking is permitted in the theater or studios.
- Refreshments, may be served upon prior approval by the Studio Manager in approved areas.
- No glitter, glycerin or oil base body make-up, or other fluids are permitted on the Spotlight Theater floors.
- Following your event, you must restore the Spotlight Theater to its original condition. Lighting additional to the Standard Plot, special markings on the floor, as well as those on circuits, instruments, and gel frames must be removed. Lighting must be restored to the Standard Plot. Your janitorial fee covers the deep cleaning of the theater after your use; floors, mirrors etc. However, you are responsible for all trash, and making sure the theater, dressing rooms and green room are restored to their original condition.