Vermont Musical Theatre Academy
The Vermont Musical Theatre Academy (VTMTA) at Spotlight is an integrated program of study and performance in voice, acting and dance for students age 10 through high school. The mission of the Academy is to offer students the opportunity to develop their talents as musical theater singers, actors and dancers. Guided by an accomplished and nurturing faculty, each student will be encouraged to discover the many joys of participating in a collaborative effort of skill development, with the reward of experiencing authentic artistic achievement.
Is this program for Me?
The VTMTA program is right for you if...
- Love to perform and want a program where training is recognized as the key to becoming a more successful performer.
- Are interested in training with a faculty who have a proven track record in musical theater and who have students working professionally on Broadway and in L.A.
- Love to work with other students who are always looking to learn and improve.
- Want to grow in all areas required for musical theater performers; dance, voice and acting.
- Have enjoyed performing in school or community theater and would like to have more success in landing the roles you want.
- Want a program that integrates all elements of musical theater training into one cohesive, convenient, affordable school year offering.
- Want a program that provides access to resources covering all elements of success in musical theater
- Extensive Training
- Special Performance Opportunities
- Audition Technique / Preparation
- Marketing Yourself
- Guidance with Post High School Choices (College, Professional Schools, Diving In)
- Performance opportunities
- Available Trips to New York
- Workshop with Broadway Pros
- See a Broadway Show
- Dinner at Popular Times Square Restaurant
We were so happy to find VTMTA for our daughter (Savannah)! She travels from Rutland every weekend and it is worth every mile for the theory education in dance, music and acting. Thank you for providing such a wonderful, well-rounded, musical theater education. ~ Mindy Hastings
Enrollment is currently open for the following sessions....
Session 3 - 1/6/2018 - 2/17/2018
Session 4 - 2/24/2018 - 4/14/2018
Session 5 - 4/21/2018 - 5/26/2018
- Admittance to the Academy is by Audition.
- Auditions are held periodically before each session.
- There is no charge to audition.
- Video submissions are acceptable.
- 16 bar selection from a contemporary musical theater song
- Approximately 1 minute monologue from a published play or musical
- 30 second dance audition. Prefer musical theater jazz style but any style is acceptable.
If you would like to audition for the Academy please click on the link below to apply. Once your application has been received we will schedule you for an audition date.